ENCOURAGING INDIGENOUS & OTHER AUSTRALIANS TO DEVELOP SELF-RELIANCE: SOCIALLY, PHYSICALLY, SPIRITUALLY & ECONOMICALLY
The Wiruungga Organisation aims:
- To create an environment for the retention of traditions, including bush medicines, bush foods, arts and crafts, music and dance
- To create working models for growing bush tucker, native plants, bush medicine and nutritional produce
- To create a native wildlife sanctuary whilst maintaining existing koala habitats
- To invite selected people from communities throughout Australia to come and acquire knowledge, enabling them to impart this knowledge back to their community
- To archive as many different languages, cultures, dance, storytelling, music and craft from all over Australia
- To inspire old and young people to reach their full potential in a nurturing drug and alcohol free environment
- In the future to become a Eco tourist destination
The Wiruungga Organisation Inc. is a registered non profit organisation based in Maleny/Conondale on Queensland`s beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Through sharing ancient knowledge of culture and a living example of an environment that allows the Earth`s bounty of bush tucker and bush medicines to be preserved whilst at the same time protecting the abundant native flora and fauna for future generations.
Our dream is to build bridges and create positive change.